‘IP Prospects in Europe and Beyond’
1-2 June 2017, Sofia (BG)
The MAPPING Conference on the Future of IPR is envisaged as an experts’ conference that will address the deficiencies and shortcomings of the current system of IPR protection in the EU and worldwide and discuss possible remedies that would allow achieving better synchronisation between the EU IPR protection regime and the technological and socio-cultural realities of the digital world. In this connection, the following issues will be tackled:
- the eminent reforms of the EU copyright and patent law;
- possible changes to substantive and procedural IP law rules;
- European IP reforms in the global context;
- alternative business models of economic exploitation of IPR;
- universal prospects of the traditional IP, Open Innovation, and Open Knowledge.
Participation in the Conference is open to members of the civil society, academia, industry, all branches and levels of government, EU and national policy- and law-makers, and all those knowledgeable in IP and taking interest in IP reforms. Registration available at https://mappingtheinternet.eu/future-of-IPR.