Project name: MyHood – Engaging Youth in Actively Creating a Sustainable and Greener City (MyHood – Engaging Youth in Actively Creating a Sustainable and Greener City)
Duration: May 2022 – April 2025
Funding: The project was supported by Erasmus+
Project website: http://myhood-app.eu/
EPMA Role: Coordinator and Partner
About the project
The goal of the MyHood project is to involve youth in the active creation of a sustainable and greener city. The project aims at RAISING AWARENESS, EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING THE YOUTH, brings young people closer to the decision-making processes of creating or changing their neighborhoods in cities with an emphasis on climate change. As part of the project, international events will take place in Prague, Jihlava, Thessaloniki (Greece) and Zrenjanin (Serbia).
The target groups of the project are:
– young people (13-18 years)
– education workers (teachers, educators, school administration)
– public administration (especially municipalities);
The project responds to identified weaknesses:
– tools available to young people to engage in urban planning while being educated about climate change issues;
– feedback coming from young citizens to urban planners during or after the city planning phase;
– interactive digital tools for youth and educators focused on the environmental education of youth, including their active involvement.
Strategic outputs of the project
1) MyHood METHODOLOGY ENGAGING YOUTH IN CREATING A SUSTAINABLE AND GREENER CITY
2) ENVIRONMENTAL CONTENT MyHood – educational teaching material
3) INTERACTIVE ONLINE TOOL MyHood – web application
4) MyHood USER MANUAL for teachers and municipalities
The aim of the MyHood project is to:
• Adoption of best practices in various systems by non-formal/formal education organizations working with youth
• Increased cooperation within local communities in the field of urban development with regard to the impacts of climate change (participation of local residents of different age groups, educational organizations, youth-oriented organizations and local governments) from different EU countries
• Strengthening cooperation within the international community of experts and relevant associations within the EU and beyond. The project partners will actively promote the results of the project to expand the method within their own communities by activating their networks, organizing promotional conferences, workshops and lectures, reaching out to secondary schools and active coaches through the ALL DIGITAL association and teachers through the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition.
Impact at EU and international level:
The project is in line with EU objectives in the training/education sector: ET 2020 objectives; Use of ICT and OER in education – Opening up education through new technologies; Digital competence using ICT and IST etc.
Město přátelské k dětem, z.s. www.childfriendlycity.cz
Design Clips PC www.design-clips.com
NOVA ISKRA KREATIVNI HAB www.novaiskra.com
Fondation Ynternet.org https://www.ynternet.org/